Bookkeeper/ Payroll Operator
We are currently seeking an experienced bookkeeper / payroll operator in a leading Accountancy Practice in Cork City. Bookkeeping Responsibilities / Duties:
- Weekly reconciliation of cash reports to cash sheets.
- Preparation of weekly sales and reconciliation to cash sheets.
- Weekly reconciliation of bank lodgements to cash sheets and sales.
- Weekly processing of purchase invoices, allocation of bank payments and preparation of remittances.
- Weekly processing of all lodgements and payments from bank statements including reconciliation of same.
- Weekly creditors reconciliation.
- Regular correspondence with our client and their suppliers/distributors.
Payroll Responsibilities / Duties:
- Weekly processing of wages for all employees and managers.
- Review of payroll details on system and agreeing same with payroll reports.
- Weekly electronic distribution of payslips to all employees.
- Creation of bank file and submission of same via online banking.
- Regular correspondence with managers regarding queries and general payroll information.
- Weekly submission of relevant Real Time Reporting to the Revenue Commissioners.
- Minimum two years experience in a relevant bookkeeping / payroll operator role required.
- Experience of the use of Sage 50/ Relate Accounts Production or similar accounting software essential
- Experience of the use of Mircopay Payroll Software or similar payroll packages essential.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong Communication skills.